Saturday, July 21, 2012

Transactional Conversation


Recognizing Other Expression
A.      Making Complaints
Questioning
Responding
·          Don’t get me wrong, but I think we should concentrate on other system.
·          Okay. We have no objection.
·          Well, let me see.
·          Well, let me think.
·          I’ll have to think about that.
·          Excuse me if I’m out of line, but your work has not been adequate lately.
·          OK. I am trying to prepare it better.
·          I’m sorry. It’s my false.
·          How shall I do it?
·          I’m sorry to have to say this but I think we need to take another method.
·          Okay. We are preparing it.
·          Oh, sorry. It was fixed.
·          That’s what I thought too!

B.      Making Request
Questioning
Responding
·          Can I borrow your notes book?
·          May I read report?
·          Could I use your computer?
·          Sure.
·          Okay.
·          All right.
·          Of course.
·          I am sorry. I’m using it right now.
·          Do you mind if I use your mobile phone?
·          Not at all.
·          No, help yourself.
·          No, go ahead.
·          Would you mind helping me with this?
·          Not at all.
·          Of course not.
·          Would you mind not playing the radio so loud?
·          Oh, okay. Sorry.
·          Sure.

C.      Asking Someone to do Something
Questioning
Responding
·          Come on time and do the job well.
·          Yes, Sir.
·          Certainly, Sir.
·          Read discussion summary for me, please.
·          All right.
·          Okay.
·          I want you to check the data.
·          Oh, I’m sorry. I’m busy now.

D.      Making Suggestion/ giving Advice
Questioning
Responding
·          Why don’t we take a vacation?
·          Sure. We could go to London.
·          Why not visit the concert?
·          That sounds great.
·          How about going to Singapore?
·          I think that’s a little expensive.
·          Let’s take a trip this school haliday.
·          Good idea.
·          Do you have any advice for me?
·          Can you give me some advice about something?
·          My advice is to be careful in doing business with them.
·          I advice you to talk with your lawyer.

E.       Discussing Possibilities and Capabilities
Questioning
Responding
·          Do you think we are capable of solving this problem?
·          Would there be any possibility od being a moderator?
·          That’s one possibility
·          I think you have that capacity.
·          Could you possibly finish compiling this document?
·          I’m sorry I can’t. I have to finish this academic report first.
·          Do I have the ability to become a director?
·          Yes, you have the ability to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment